Who We Are
ArtiQ is a young, dynamic and innovative spin-off company of the University of Leuven (Belgium). We aim to deliver technology to support doctors in the diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of respiratory diseases.
With our first artificial intelligence-based software, ArtiQ.PFT, we support the interpretation of pulmonary function tests and improve the diagnostic environment for lung diseases.
Currently, we are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in shaping the next generation of healthcare technologies. In our team, we value collaboration, high-quality products and having fun!
We are looking for a multi-disciplinary, communicative, and responsible Software Engineer who is eager to continuously learn about state-of-the-art cloud and machine learning solutions.
You will ensure that the technical aspects of the company keep running smoothly by maintaining and extending our current solutions as well as contributing to the creation of new solutions. This includes monitoring and maintaining the existing machine learning back-end infrastructure, building a web platform for our software, and carrying out research projects in order to develop new products with the team. You will work in a structured environment for the development of new medical software products.
What you will do
- Develop and manage our microservices on the AWS cloud with the latest technology standards.
- Maintain APIs to ensure compatibility and integration with multiple clients and multiple versions.
- Contribute ideas on how to further improve and expand our offering of high-quality products.
- Build and review software requirements and co-design a fitting software architecture.
- Implement requirements along with corresponding unit and system tests.
- Keep documentation and traceability throughout the development process up to date with international standards and regulatory requirements for medical device software.
- Keep learning, maintain the pace with the latest technology trends to contribute to a better healthcare for tomorrow.
- A generalist with a broad interest in Software Engineering principles, web and cloud technologies, and machine learning
- At least 1 year of experience building scalable and maintainable software
- Experienced in web development frameworks (e.g. Express.js, Django)
- Strong knowledge of source control and reproducibility tooling (Git, Docker, CI/CD)
- Familiar with Linux, bash scripting, day to day development tools
- Familiar with collaboration tools like Bitbucket, Jira, and Confluence
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Able to work independently and take ownership
Even better if you are also
- Curious to work with (health) data
- Familiar with cloud technologies or machine learning techniques
- Familiar with ISO/IEC standards and following organizational procedures
- A young, dynamic and international work environment with an enthusiastic team.
- Perspective for constant learning, improvement and an attractive career evolution.
- Possibilities to attend international conferences, workshops, and visit international partners.
- Opportunities to contribute to the development of novel solutions shaping the healthcare of tomorrow.
- Obviously, the package includes great compensation, extra perks, and work flexibility.