CLINICAL AI/ML SCIENTIST
We are looking for a Clinical AI scientist with a strong scientific and clinical background in AI/ML who is passionate to take on the challenge of developing AI models for pragmatic clinical solutions. The Clinical AI Scientist will work on enhancements of our machine learning-based cloud-services for the diagnosis of lung diseases and for improvements to respiratory clinical trials.
Your role is to further drive the R&D focus of the company and its product lines. You will boost the current machine learning-based products for detection of lung diseases and deep learning-based platform for clinical trials. You will aim to further build up clinically validated technology and lead the next generation of products.
Essentially, to lead and shape the next generation of healthcare:
- Develop, validate, and clinically implement AI models
- Go beyond the regular Random Forest or XGBoost approach to push the boundaries of lung disease diagnosis
- Lead the design, execution and coordination of research projects
- Perform robust data analysis and communicate results to different stakeholders
- Derive novel insights, guide decision making, and create analytical solutions to address questions of interest to our clinical and pharmaceutical stakeholders
- Stay on the edge of relevant research and help ArtiQ increase its scientific visibility by participating at scientific conferences and publishing in scientific journals
- Collaborate with a wider multidisciplinary team to define and drive technical developments forward
Multi-cultural, communicative and ownership taking person who is eager to learn and keep up to date with the state-of-the-art machine learning evolutions.
- Master’s or PhD degree in a quantitative field (e.g. computer science, artificial intelligence, biostatistics, applied mathematics, physics, …)
- At least 3 years of experience, with AI/ML, including statistical modelling, causal inference methods, multivariate regression and classification, deep learning, data curation, and model validation
- Expert proficiency in Python or R and multiple machine learning and visualization libraries
- Previous experience with medical or clinical data
- Previous experience with clinical research projects (diagnostics, real world evidence, or clinical trials projects) is a big plus
- Knowledge of AWS (or other cloud platform) is a plus
We provide a dynamic, young, international work atmosphere dedicated to developing the next generation of healthcare products to improve quality of life.
- Competitive compensation and work flexibility
- Opportunity to steer and build the company’s product line
- Perspective for constant learning, improvement, and attractive career evolution
- Attendance to international conferences, workshops, and visit international partners
- Opportunity to contribute to the development of the most novel healthcare solutions critical to saving people’s lives
Who we are
ArtiQ is a young, dynamic and innovative spin-off company of the University of Leuven. ArtiQ is on a mission to empower medical professionals with artificial intelligence to accurately and timely diagnose, treat, and follow-up patients with respiratory diseases.