Software Engineer (Leuven, Belgium)
We are looking for a versatile Software Engineer to join our team in shaping the next generation of healthcare technologies. The software engineer will further help ensuring the technical segment of the company runs perfectly, the machine learning backend infrastructure is fully operational, new product releases are in the pipeline, and rapidly direct technical evolution of the company. At ArtiQ, we value teamwork, high-quality products and enjoying daily work!
You will be responsible for maintaining and extending our current solutions as well as contributing to the creation of new ones:
- Develop and manage our microservices on the AWS cloud with the latest technology standards
- Maintain APIs to ensure compatibility and integration with multiple clients
- Build and review software requirements and co-design a fitting software architecture
- Implement requirements along with corresponding unit and integration tests.
- Keep documentation and traceability throughout the development process up to date with international standards and regulatory requirements for medical device software
- Keep learning, maintain the pace with the latest technology trends & improve the quality of healthcare
A generalist with a broad interest in Software Engineering principles, web and cloud technologies, and machine learning
- Masters degree in Computer Science (or similar)
- At least 3 years of experience building scalable and maintainable software
- Proficient in Python and/or TypeScript
- Strong knowledge of source control and reproducibility tooling (Git, Docker, Terraform, CI/CD)
- Some experience with cloud technologies and databases (AWS, SQL)
- Experience with medical software is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Able to work independently and take ownership
- A young, dynamic and international work environment with an enthusiastic team.
- Perspective for constant learning, improvement and attractive career evolution.
- Opportunities to contribute to the development of novel solutions shaping the healthcare of tomorrow.
- The package includes great compensation, extra perks, and work flexibility.
WHO WE ARE:
ArtiQ is a young, dynamic and innovative spin-off company of the University of Leuven. ArtiQ is on a mission to empower medical professionals with artificial intelligence to accurately and timely diagnose, treat, and follow-up patients with respiratory diseases.