Clincal AI/ML Scientist (Leuven, Belgium)
We are looking for a Clinical AI scientist with a strong scientific and clinical background in AI and who is passionate to take on the challenge of translating AI models to pragmatic clinical solutions. Clinical AI Scientist will work on an enhancements of our machine learning-based technology for diagnosis of lung diseases and for improvements of respiratory clinical trials.
Your role is to further drive the R&D focus of the company and its product lines. You will boost the current machine learning-based products for detection of lung diseases and deep learning-based platform for clinical trials. You will aim to build up further clinically validated technology and lead the next generation of products.
Essentially, to lead and shape the next generation of healthcare:
- Develop, validate and clinically implement AI models
- Lead in the design, execution and coordination of research projects
- Perform robust data analysis and communicate results with different methods
- Derive novel insights, guide decision making and create analytical solutions to address questions of interest to our clinical and pharma stakeholders
- Be a technical lead on statistical and/or machine learning methodologies and their application to novel healthcare/clinical research projects
- You stay on the edge of relevant research and help ArtiQ increasing its scientific visibility by participating at scientific conferences and publishing in scientific journals
- Collaborate with a wider multidisciplinary team to define and drive technical developments forward
Multi-cultural, communicative and ownership taking person who is eager to learn and keep up to date with the state-of-the-art machine learning evolutions.
- Master or PhD in Computer sciences or quantitative fields (maths, physics, …)
- Experienced with AI, including Machine learning, deep neural networks, data curation and model validation (2+ years of professional experience)
- Efficient in Python and experience with code versioning tools such as Git
- Previous experience with medical or clinical data
- Previous experience with research projects (diagnostics, real world evidence or clinical trials projects are a plus)
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility in the actions from the specification until the implementation, over testing and debugging.
We provide a dynamic, young, international work atmosphere dedicated to developing the next generation of healthcare products to improve quality of life.
- Opportunity to steer and build companies’ product line
- Exciting and challenging work environment with an enthusiastic team
- Perspective for constant learning, improvement and attractive career evolution
- Possibility to attend international conferences, workshops, and visit international partners
- Opportunity to contribute to the development of the most novel healthcare solutions critical for saving people’s lives
- Obviously, the package includes market conform compensation and work flexibility
WHO WE ARE:
ArtiQ is a young, dynamic and innovative spin-off company of the University of Leuven. ArtiQ is on a mission to empower medical professionals with artificial intelligence to accurately and timely diagnose, treat, and follow-up patients with respiratory diseases.